Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Quick trip to Heidelberg




On Monday, I got up and walked around the northern part of Worms. I took over 100 pictures. I also got a sunburn as it was the sunniest day so far. I didn't give sunscreen a thought after two weeks of rain and clouds. It also turned out it was another holiday - Whit Monday. I got back to the apartment about 1:00. After a short rest, we went for a drive to the east. We started off at Bensheim and went south to Heidelberg. The city is on the Neckar. When I was younger I thought it was on the Rhein. We weren't all that impressed with it but did manage to visit the castle and get a few good shots. Heidelberg does have an excellent public tranportation system. There was an extensive light rail network.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment