Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Checking out Speyer



After getting back from the mountains, we needed to take it easy for a couple of days. Mr. D caught a bad cold and then the altitude bothered him a great deal. On Sunday we drove around a bit and ended up in Speyer. It's the next major town up the Rhein from Worms. It's a bit more touristy. I think there was an Imax theatre and a transportation museum. The parks were very crowded as it was a fairly decent day after a rainy period. I left Mr & Mrs D in the car and ran to the Dom to take some pictures. It's impressive but I don't think it compares favorably to the Dom in Worms. Maybe I'm a little biased. I managed to find the road through the square so they could get a closer view of the Dom.

On the way out of the Dom, I held the door for the guy in the last picture. I'm not sure who he was but he was walking around like he was the big boss.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment